Monday, October 09, 2006

Cosplay in the village?!?

So I was just sitting there minding my own business, hanging out in the international tea party thing they had going on for the locals, and what do I spy out of the corner of my eye? Some straight up cosplay girls, anime/gamer style. I don't know where they came from, but after asking around apparently they stop by from time to time since the scenery at my place is good. I also overheard some people saying that this time was ok since the girls were actually pretty good looking, but most of the time they're... well, not. It's supposedly for some webpage or something, and there were two different groups here today.

I did try to sneak a little peek while staying at my post just to give you an idea of what was going on, but the pic wasn't exactly the best - I didn't figure out how to use the zoom on my cell camera until after they had already left. The picture on the left is all I got... oh well.





Then of course I did what any guy would naturally do in such a situation - I searched the web for details. Sure enough Shichigahama + cosplay in Japanese, and a bunch of hits. The girl on the right was the first on the list, and I can totally recognize my work from the background, lol. Here are the rest if you're interested.

I did have a little issue later that's got me a little miffed though - I had to go into town for play practice tonight and so needed somewhere to park the car. I called up a fellow JET from the next town over to ask if I could park at her place since she has a space but no car, but she says her space is taken and suggests a place right around the corner. So I go up there and sure enough it's open... with one catch. I didn't check the signage too well, and missed the fact that the parking lot is only open til 9. And there were gates. So I come back at 10:30ish, none the wiser - needless to say I wasn't too happy, but then again I can't exactly blame that girl since she didn't know and I should've scoped things out a little more carefully. So that means I'll have to go over there at 9am tomorrow to pick it up.... *sigh* At least it's not a work day for me, being Tuesday and all.

No comments: